Sunday, March 8, 2009

She dances like nobody's watching...

I still can't tell if we are totally wasting our money. We have signed Aidan up for dance class. It's a combination of tap, jazz, and ballet. It's only been 2 months, but despite her dainty fisique she isn't the most graceful of little girls and she's a total goofball. Last week she was screwing around, not listening to her teacher, and somehow she fell flat on her face. Those little tap shoes are slippery, she went forward on her toes too much and splat! She had quite the bruise and scrape on her chin.
Our teacher does some super cute activities with the girls. They dance with ballerina & princess dolls, act like caterpillers who turn into butterflies, and gallop on stick horses. It is fun to watch how cute the girls are.
This is a classic Aidan pose, doing exactly opposite of what she is supposed to be doing. At first I went all "Stage Mom" on her and tried to get her to practice durning the week, we even took video of one of her classes so we could help her. I went from zero to crazy in 10 seconds when I finally hooked the camera up to tv and got Aidan into her tap shoes. She did a shuffle for me, sat down and took her shoes off. UGH!!!! I freaked out, "Do you not want to go to dance class at all? Should I take your shoes back? Blah blah blah!" To which Aidan basically said, 'fine with me!' Luckily, I recovered quickly to realize that I was talking to a 3 year old.
Maybe someday she'll catch on...

1 comment:

  1. Even the thought of watching Missy Aidan tapping away with her little tap shoes makes me giggle and wince at the same time. The thought of her slipping and falling face first onto the floor. That's what makes me wince.

    ReplyDelete