Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Cookies




The cookies are done! I forgot how much work it is to do cut out cookies, but it is so worth it! These huge reindeer are my favorite, but they use up so much dough and the break easily so I don't make many of them. I haven't done cookies for 3 years now, but I missed making the things that reminded me of Christmas as a child and I wanted to share fun of baking with Aidan. We successfully made cut outs and Chex Mix. I am going to attempt carmels- I chickened out and bought a candy thermometer even though my mom said it's easy to eyeball. I haven't made them since I was a kid. I attempted marshmallow fluff fudge (the easiest idiot proof kind) today, but accidently doubled the evaporated milk. This came after Brad bought condensed milk by mistake and we only had 1/3 of the chocolate we needed. I "quickly" ran to the store and $150 later came home with my chocolate and the evap. milk to pay my neighbor back... ugh! Brad is experimenting right now with my fudge soup. We may invent a new type of candy because he put it in the oven to dry it up a bit... stay tuned. We'll let you know how it turns out. Um... now I am really concerned about me handling molten lava hot carmels.

No comments:

Post a Comment