Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The great wall of DOG!

YEAH!!!!! It's finally up! After 2 1/2 years we have successfully fenced Sadie in. This was a tricky space that I didn't want to put up just anything. I knew I wanted privacy, but not a wall. I wanted to be able to see kids playing in the driveway or see who might be coming down the driveway and vice versa. I was getting very frustrated with having nothing there and having to chase Sadie around the neighborhood. I was desperate to find the square type lattice, but couldn't find it. We ended up finding it at the new and bigger Lowe's out in the Valley. I have never been out that far because it requires passing a Walmart... and there's that restaining order and all! I did it, I passes WM and found what I was looking for. We started laying down the base boards in the morning, thinking they needed to dry and would pick up the next weekend. Well, our neighbor Brian stopped by to see if Brad wanted to go play a game at the park and within 15 minutes the saws were out to make one cut... then another... then another... we threw some chicken on the grill for both the families... yadda yadda yadda- by 10:30 the fence was up!

Oh so sad! The last piece of freedom. Boo Hoo, now you can't run the neighborhood stealing children's baseballs and picking chili cans out of recycle bins! I was seriously concerned about her safety with her eyesight so bad now.
The last piece being cut. WaHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment